February 19, 2012

mean green healthy machine!

If you can get over the color of this smoothie, or the fact that it has spinach in it, I promise once you taste it you will like it. And if you dont like it, well, I'm pretty sure it's probably all in your head. Because this smoothie is very, very good.


 This thing about me is that I like the idea of being healthy and eating food that is really good for you. However, if I taste something and it tastes healthy, I dont want to eat it. So, I made a healthy smoothie that actually tastes like something you would want to eat. Give it a try, you might surprise yourself.


Healthy Delicious Green Smoothie (I havent really thought of a name....)

1/2 banana
1 cup fresh spinach leaves
1 diced kiwi
1/3 c plain greek yogurt
1 TBS ground flax seed
OJ



Put it all in a blender (double the recipe if you want 2 smoothies) or in a nifty single serve blender thing like what we have.  Blend it up. Drink it.

Pretty easy, no?? And look how pretty it is, with all the green and whatnot.  I love this smoothie because the greek yogurt has plenty of protein, which fills you up, and spinach has lots of iron which we females do need. :)










Dont be scared. You can't even taste the spinach.

No comments: