March 10, 2012

Oatmeal Bars

This week I received an order of Rolled Oats in the mail. I am probably the only person on earth who gets excited about getting my shipment of Bob's Red Mill Rolled Oats. But they are so good :) And I am so weird.

I made these Oatmeal Bars as an easy to eat in the car while driving to work even though I shouldn't do that snack. They are good. And good for you. Especially the chocolate part.

You will need:
1.5 cups of rolled oats (you can use quick or instant, but the texture of rolled is so much nicer)
2 cups of milk
1 egg
1/2 cup sunflower seeds (or whatever nut or seed you prefer)
1/2 cup dried cranberries (again, whatever fruit you prefer!)
Dark chocolate- I'll leave the amount up to you :)
1tsp Cinnamon

Combine milk and egg, whisk together.

In a large bowl, combine oats, seeds, cranberries and cinnamon. Pour the wet into the dry.


 Spray a 8x8 inch pan with cooking spray lightly. pour mixture into pan. It will be very wet and runny, and you will think wow, she really is crazy....but I promise it will actually look like a breakfast bar when it comes out of the oven. :)



Shave some chocolate or cut it into chunks, like I did, and sprinkle on top. Stick the pan in a 350 degree oven and bake for around 30 minutes. Allow to cool, cut into bars (I got 9). Enjoy :)




No comments: