August 5, 2012

Strawberry Bread

I used this recipe, but with my own modifications (naturally, I cant leave anything alone). Strawberry bread is a little different, but I liked it. I think next time I will add nuts, though, to kind of break up the texture. It is a little bit dense, but it is a filling bread for breakfast.

You will need:
  • 2 1/2 cups strawberry sauce
  • 2 3/4 cups white whole wheat flour
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 1 tablespoon ground pumpkin pie spice
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/2 cup vegetable oil
  • 3 eggs
  • 1 1/4 cups chopped pecans (optional, but recommended)
Mix the strawberry sauce with the oil, eggs and sugar. Add in the dry ingredients. Bake in a loaf pan for 30-40 minutes until cooked through. Let cool to room temperature before cutting.
some jarred strawberry sauce I had in my pantry

kitchenaid should just start paying me, I feature their brand in this blog so much

from goop to beautiful loaf!

No comments: