March 2, 2013

This weeks grocery trip...

After returning from my final (YAY) trip to Richmond this week, I promptly went to the grocery store. Well, that's not entirely true. I promptly went to my office, dropped off my work car, went and got a much needed haircut and then went to the grocery store. There, now don't you feel enlightened.

I knew we had no food in our house, and after yet another week of eating gross cafeteria food, I went a little overboard on the good stuff at the store. Oh, well.

My counter runeth over
I spent $50, which is about my weekly budget anyways, so I can't say I did that bad.
 Highlights include coconut milk (i plan to try making some dairy free ice cream this week. J is skeptical), Gorgonzola cheese, hominy, beets, sweet potatoes, and more broccoli than is really necessary.

Heavy cream for some fresh butter, tomatillo's and an anaheim for stew, mushrooms (I don't know why, they just looked good), garbanzo beans, keilbasa, wonton wrappers (I have no idea what I'm going to do with those....) and of course, eggs.

Normally I shop with a plan, but I can say that my plan was a little off the cuff this time. Oh well, necessity is the mother of invention, right? Right?? Or will I be stuck with a fridge full of beets and wonton wrappers? Hmm...beet wontons? No...gross.

Peace internet world, I'm off to make some cheese.

No comments: