January 1, 2012

Fried Rice Love

What does one do with leftovers from a 15 pound Christmas ham? Ham sandwiches, ham and bean soup, ham on homemade pizzas, did I mention ham sandwiches already? Im sandwiched out. How about some fried rice?

You will need:

1 cup cubed ham, or any meat of your choice (or NO meat! you wild, crazy thing!)
1 can baby corn, drained....because they're cute
1 can water chestnuts, drained
1 bag frozen, mixed vegetables, any kind you like
3 cups cooked rice, cold. I use a mixture of brown and jasmine.
1/4 cup soy sauce
1 TBS Oyster sauce
1 TBS brown sugar

Brown ham in large skillet with just a slight drizzle of oil. Add all your veggies, cook on high heat for 3-5 minutes, or until most moisture has evaporated from the frozen veggies (i'm usually to lazy to thaw mine before I cook them...). In a small bowl, combine soy sauce, oyster sauce and brown sugar. Pour over contents of skillet. Make sure all veggies are coated with sauce.



Fold in your cooked cold rice. Put the lid on the skillet and let sit for 5 minutes on low heat. Then eat it :)

You can always add a scrambled egg if you want, I guess. I've just never been a fan of eggs in my fried rice. But, get creative. Use whatever you want!

I have also gotten several questions about how I cook my rice. I have a rice cooker....it comes out perfect every time.

No comments: