May 5, 2012

Its a pancake! Its a muffin! Its delicious!



Disclaimer: I got the idea for this recipe from Laura over at the Heavenly homemakers blog. I love it so much, and I love her blog.

Naturally, because I cannot leave anything without that special Bob touch, I had to change up her recipe a little, though.

My spin on Laura's recipe:

Pancake Sausage Muffins
2 cups white whole wheat flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
1 1/2 cups milk
2 eggs
1/3 cup melted coconut oil or vegetable oil
1 lb cooked hot pork sausage
1/4 cup maple syrup.

Mine is only slightly different, but I put maple syrup in the batter for convenience, use more sausage, and I use coconut oil because its delicious. You can also use vegetable oil.

Brown sausage and bring to room temperature. In a large bowl, combine all dry ingredients and add eggs, milk, oil and maple syrup. Stir to combine. Fold in cooked sausage, ladle into muffin tins.

Bake at 350 for 12-15 minutes. After muffins have cooled, you can wrap individually and freeze or you can eat on the spot. To reheat, microwave for 30 sec-1 min.

Enjoy :)

No comments: