July 22, 2012

Balsamic Pasta Salad

 I pulled about  8 cherry tomatoes and some basil from the garden this morning and decided to whip up a pasta salad with them. It turned out pretty good....I'll be packing it in our lunches this week.

You will need:
1lb pasta (we only had spaghetti, but any other short pasta would be excellent)
1 cup chopped tomatoes
1/4 cup shaved Parmesan cheese
1/2 cup balsamic vinaigrette dressing
2 TBS chopped basil
1/2 onion, sliced thin
Cheese is God's gift to man.
 Cook your noodles as directed (I always put a little oil in my water to help keep the noodles from sticking). While waiting on your pasta, chop all the ingredients and combine with dressing in a large bowl. When noodles are cooked through, drain well and rinse with cold water to stop the cooking process. Toss it all together. This pasta salad is best left to sit in the fridge for a few hours before eating.
I added some leftover spinach sausage to ours, but I think its best without it!

No comments: