September 16, 2012

Peanut Butter Baked Oatmeal

Most of the people I talk to about oatmeal (surprisingly a lot...is that weird?) can't get past the mushy texture and slimy consistency. I just tell them they're doing it wrong, cause this shiz is the best:

3 cups rolled or old fashioned oats
1tsp vanilla
1/4 cup packed brown sugar
1/4 cup white sugar (you can substitute turbinado if you want)
1 1/2 cups milk
1/2 cup melted butter
2 eggs
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
1 cup peanut butter
****The original recipe I used called for a 1/2 cup each of the sugars. I cut that in half, and I don't miss it at all. Its plenty sweet with the peanut butter and half the amount of sugar. Sometimes I add even less.....******





Melt the butter and peanut butter in a small saucepan, then mix all ingredients together. Pour into a 9x13 baking dish (greased please!) and bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes or until a tooth pick inserted in the middle comes out clean. You can eat it in just a plain bar form or you can serve it with warm milk poured over the top.

I'm not even joking when I say that this recipe is absolutely delish. It tastes like an oatmeal cookie. If you have previously hated oatmeal you must try this....but just know that this recipe yields a lot, so you may want to cut it in half and bake in a 8x8 pan instead. Enjoy :)

No comments: