September 15, 2012

menu plan for september

I'm on this kick that I will now be shopping at most 3 times per month. My goal is to plan a menu for the whole month, purchase all non-perishables at the beginning of the month and pick up the fruits and veggies twice. I'm hoping this will help me cut down on my random grocery store trips where I am almost guaranteed to come back with a frozen pizza.  I'm hoping this will cut down on the amount I spend every month on food. Here is my menu for the remainder of September:

Breakfasts:
Pumpkin Muffins
Biscuits and Gravy
Peanut butter baked oatmeal

Lunches:
Tuna sandwiches
PB&J
Taco Pasta Salads
Southwest Salad
Leftovers

Dinners:
Butternut squash stuffed shells with sage cream sauce
Homemade pizza x4
Veggies and ranch dip
Green Chile Stew
Southwest pork and bean salad
Chimichangas
BBQ Chicken sandwiches
Tomale casserole
Veggie and barley soup x3

No comments: