October 27, 2012

Creamy Pasta

Last night I realized I have a gallon of milk thats ready to expire. Well, crap. Why is it when you really need to use something you can't figure out what to do with it?

The Bob of yesteryear would have just allowed it to expire and dumped it out when it started looking gross. Oh, to be so fancy free.

Anyways, this is what my tired brain came up with, and it was actually pretty good. I'll probably use the rest of the milk for gravy and english muffins and maybe potato soup? So much milk!

You will need:
2 cups egg noodles (I had some left over from making stroganoff)
1 lb ground turkey
2 cans of tomato sauce (i used a quart size bag of sauce I had frozen from this summers garden)
2 cups of milk
1 tsp red pepper flake
1 tsp ground garlic
1 tsp dried minced onion

Goodbye, milk! muahahaha
 Brown the ground turkey and add spices and tomato sauce when turkey is cooked through. Bring to a bubble. Add milk, bring back to a slow boil. Add noodles. Cover. Stir occasionally until the noodles are cooked through.
Serve with toasty bread.
Enjoy your money saving pantry meal :)

No comments: