October 6, 2012

Goal Check in: The endless, needy summer

neglected produce
I'll be honest, I'm a little overwhelmed.

Summer and gardening season have been great. I didn't get nearly as much produce as I was hoping for, but we still got quite a bit compared to the money I put in it. It was definitely worth it. I will say that I now know why women really did have to stay home and do house crap all the time back in the day. I cant keep up.

There are still crazy amounts of gardening chores that need to be done, and I still have tomatoes and green beans that need to be put up for winter before they go bad. The house needs to be cleaned from top to bottom desperately, and I was hoping to do that before it started getting cold. My car needs to be cleaned out. The home office has become a dumping ground for all things that don't have a place. I need some organization!

I'm not sure where to start....I'd like to work on these things today, but I really need to go into the office and get some paperwork done. J doesn't want me to to do that though. Blar.

Heres my goal check in for this month:

Freeze 4 more quart bags of pumpkin
Can several jars of apple sauce 
Freeze several quarts of green tomato curry sauce (recipe to come)
Reorganize my spice cabinet
Pull out the rest of the garden and plant a cover crop/possibly some cabbage.
Make homemade lip balm and body lotion
Bottle homemade vanilla extract

No comments: