October 13, 2012

What frugal eating looks like: staving off a cold

Huh, so staving is real word. You know when you type something and you really think it sounds right, but then you see it and you think is that even real? English is a fun language.

This week I did a horrible job of eating frugally. And I did a horrible job of taking pictures (probably because I was ashamed of all the crap I ate).

Lets recap some of the especially great moments:
-Sometime during the week I ate a bagel for lunch
-Wednesday night I had chicken tenders from hardees. Sad day.
-Thursday night I had a free hamburger and two small bags of prezels from our National Night Out event (the event is supposed to be in August but I guess we're just a little slow here in Small Town, VA).
-Friday night I had salsa bar at a mexican restaurant with some coworkers, and when I got home I rounded it all out with a glass of wine and some snack sized haloween candy. Oh god, I am so hot. Nothing says classy like starburst and red wine.

Anyways, yesterday and again this morning  I woke up feeling less then stellar. My throat has been feeling very dry, my eyes have been burning, and my heads a little groggy. I'm afriad I might be coming down with dun dun dun a cold! Eeeeeeek!

Last night before I went to bed I fixed a cup of tea, and that helped my throat. And this morning when I woke up I made myself my anti-sickness, knock out any cold, nutritional powerhouse smoothie. This sucker always gets me on the right track to beating a cold. And I chased it with a vitamin. I'm such a BAMF!
this one doesn't have blueberries, cause we were out. Boo,

Heres my recipe for cold fighting goodness:
3 strawberries
1 banana
handful of blueberries
Handful of spinach leaves
1/3 cup plain yogurt, greek yogurt if you have it
Orange juice

Put all ingredients in a blender, then pour just enough orange juice to cover everything. Blend. Drink. Sickness be gone!

No comments: