December 9, 2012

How to destroy your kitchen in approximately four minutes

Well. Isn't this pretty.


Is it worth having to clean this?

I suppose. I mean, they do taste amazing. But something about me: I don't really care for decorating cookies. Or cakes. I'm not great at it, and frankly, if I'm going to destroy the crap out of my kitchen, I'm going to make something STELLAR. These cookies are J's favorite Christmas cookie. I cannot take credit for them though...this recipe belongs to my grandmother-in-law who graciously supplied it to me so J could have his childhood cookies each Christmas.

You will need:
1 cup shortening
1 1/2 sugar
1 cup sour cream
2 tsp vanilla
2 eggs
3 1/4 cup sifted flour
1 tsp salt
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda

Cream shortening and sugar until fluffy. Beat in sour cream, eggs and vanilla until combined. Stir in dry ingredients. Spoon dough onto plastic wrap, making several balls. Wrap up, refrigerate for several hours.

After the dough has hardened and is chilled, flour liberally and roll out onto a floured surface. Cut with your favorite holiday cookie cutter,  transfer to a baking sheet, take a drink of beer and curse all the damn cookies you just cut out (like 60, I'm not even joking), and then bake at 375 for 12 minutes.
beer and angels in the same photo. sad or awesome?

Let cool. Whip up your favorite buttercream frosting recipe, frost how you like.

Eat a cookie to give yourself courage energy to clean the damn kitchen. Clean flour off of every surface, including the floor, counters, walls, ceiling and even the dog:



 Eat 5 cookies in celebration....the kitchen is clean! Pass out in sugar coma.


No comments: