January 31, 2013

Switch up that oatmeal routine!

Oatmeal routine leaving you bored?
I am a sucker for routine. I eat the same kind of oatmeal pretty much every work day morning, and frankly, I got sick of it this morning and decided I want, no, I deserve, something better! I work hard dang it! I should enjoy my breakfast! Attica! Attica!

Well, its really not that serious....but how entertaining can a post about oatmeal be? The answer is not very. Ha!

I decided to make up a new oats recipe:

2 cups of old fashioned oats
1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
1 TBS brown sugar
1 TBS crushed walnuts

Take 1 cup of the oats and blend them into a fine powder in your blender, food processor, whatever you have that pulverizes stuff.

coffee, oatmeal and a good book
Mix the ground oats into the rest of the ingredients. Scoop out 1/2 cup, top with boiling water or hot milk, cover and let sit. This recipe makes about 4 servings. The consistency of this oatmeal was so good...it was like thick and kind of reminded me of cream of wheat, or porridge, but with more texture. Plus, it was a less mundane alternative to my usual oats with cranberries.


No comments: