February 23, 2013

Home, Home on the Range!

Yay! I am so happy to be back home from Richmond, even though it's just for the weekend. Can I say that wow....cafeteria food just doesn't cut it for me. Everything is so processed and bland. I can't stand it. This weeks atrocities included: chicken nuggets (blegh!), salisbury steak, and the alway popular bologna burger. I don't even know what that is, by the way. I certainly did not eat it.

What does a girl want to eat when she has been eating crap all week?


Steak, balsamic red onions, and baked potato wedges.  Oh, and wine. If you make anything, please make these onions:

1 red onion
1/4 cup water
1 TBS olive oil
3 TBS balsamic vinegar
1 tsp sugar

Saute the onion in the oil for about 5 minutes on high, stirring regularly. Add the remaining ingredients. Continue to saute on high for another 2 minutes or so, put a lid on the pan and reduce to medium. Let simmer for about 5 minutes. The onions should be soft but with a little bite, not mushy! Put these on everything, including steak :) 

No comments: