March 22, 2013

Peas and Bacon

There's only one way I can eat peas.

Well, thats not true.  I can eat them in chicken pot pie. But I can only eat them ONE way when they are standing alone as a side dish.

...Well, I guess thats not really true either. OK....peas. They are good with bacon. They are good in pot pie. They are also good in pasta salad or alfredo. Maybe I do like peas? Huh. I guess I always thought I didn't like them that much.

bbq chicken and peas!
For this yummy side dish, you will need:
1/2 bag frozen peas (canned peas are too mushy I think)
4 slices of bacon, cooked and crumbled
1 1/2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
2 TBS balsamic vinegar
1/2 onion, diced
1/2 pint cherry tomatoes

Saute onion until translucent. Add cherry tomatoes, balsamic vinegar, and Worcestershire sauce until tomatoes start to burst. Add peas and bacon, heat until warm. Serve hot! Yum!

No comments: