April 14, 2013

The best turkey burger in the history of the world

We don't eat a lot of beef around here. Although, I did just find out that we have a buffalo farm near us, so I am thinking about going there to check out how much their meat is. Anyways, I digress.

My precious
Yesterday I was in the grilling mood....so I made the best turkey burgers ever.

You will need:
Buns (ours were homemade whole wheat, any kind you like will do)
1 lb ground turkey
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1/2 onion, cut into thin thin thin slices!
1 tsp ranch seasoning
1 tsp flour
provalone cheese
spinach
bbq sauce

First, heat the oil in a skillet. In a large zip-top bag combine ranch seasoning, flour, and onion slices. Shake shake shake. Gently put the onions into the hot oil and fry until brown. Allow them to drain on a paper towel while you make your burgers.

Take 1tbs of the oil used to fry the onions and mix it with your burger. This will give it some nice oniony flavor! Nom nom nom. Form the burger into Four patties. Grill until completely cooked through, about 5-8 minutes on each side. Top with cheese and allow it to melt.

Assemble the burger! BBQ sauce, spinach, crispy ranch onions, Oh. My. Word. Eat, enjoy (because you will) and then lay on the couch thinking about how good that burger was.

J's big burger plate
I served ours with a baked potato and some grilled zuchinni.



No comments: