September 22, 2013

Lately.....plus how I really feel about being pregnant

Wow, has it been a while, or what? I just kind of fell off the face of the planet. No, wait, I've just been busy growing a human being, working full time, and preparing myself, husband, dog, and house for the biggest change of our lives. Thats all!

We have been steadily working on the nursery for baby's arrival. I will post pictures when it's ready. I have not been very good at taking photos of my pregnancy, and I'm really not sure why. I guess that even though it feels real, it also feels surreal....like I'll believe it when I see a crying pink baby kind of surreal.

I am entering my third trimester next week and I am slowing down a lot. This past week has been wrought in uncomfortableness: swelling, sleepless nights, and random aches (which I am told is all "normal"). I also feel like I am on fire! I cannot cool my body temperature to a comfortable level unless the entire house is set at 65 degrees. I dont know how the woman with the 20 kids and counting has managed to do this so many times without completely losing her mind.

I do not do well with slowing down. It's not in my nature. I work full time, and I give 100% when I'm there. Weekends are my time for outdoor projects, cooking like a maniac, and enjoying the great outdoors. I haven't been able to do these things nearly as much as what I would like. I feel limited. And I tell Josh often that this is what it must feel like to be obese: shortness of breath, needing to sit down a lot, even getting off the couch is starting to be a struggle. I can't just hop up anymore and go about my business.

Of course, it's all for a great cause. I think pregnancy forces you to see yourself for what you really are, though: a human. And quite frankly, I needed that little dose of reality. My life is going to change now...my priorities are completely different. And that's scary. And exciting. And horrifying. And wonderful.

Well, that's all for now. I am off to enjoy some Spiced Pear Baked Oatmeal for breakfast (recipe to come!) chug like 60 bottles of water, enjoy my ONE (damnit) cup of coffee, and savor this gorgeous fall day!

No comments: