July 28, 2012

Zuchinni love!

Its that time of year! Yards get so overrun with zucchini that people practically give them away to strangers they meet on street corners (this actually happened to me once...I proudly took that lady's produce, too).

You will never see me giving away my zucchini. One, I'm selfish, and two, I have found the BEST way to make zuchinni, ever. Hands down.

Fried Zucchini. Yes. O.M.G.

You will need:
Zucchini
10 Tortilla Chips
3 1/4 cup flour
1 TBS ranch seasoning
1 tsp red pepper flake
1 tsp salt
Olive oil

Slice the zuchinni into 1/4 inch thick rings and place into a large freezer bag. meanwhile, in the blender, combine everything else except for the olive oil. Pour the dry mixture into the bag of zuchinni slices and shake it up, making sure to coat every piece.

Walk away! Let it sit on your counter for 30 minutes. When the wait time is up, shake the bag some more. In a large skillet, coat the bottom with about a 1/2 inch of olive oil and turn on high. Fry the zuchinni slices until browned on each side, then let the slices drain on a paper towel.

Then, eat them, and be happy.


You have noticed, I'm sure, that there are no pictures of the finished product. That's because we basically inhaled these. They are soooo goooood.

No comments: