September 29, 2012

Green Tomato Curry

The handwriting of a cereal killer? ....get it? Its a food blog? haha. I am hilarious. And awesome.
 I am still rolling in green tomatoes. I made 10 jars of green tomato salsa which was amazing, and today I froze a giant bag of green tomato curry sauce. This is really good, and I'm looking forward to serving it over rice with some veggies and whatnot.

Here's what you need:
3 lbs green tomatoes
1 tbs curry powder
1/2 onion, chopped
3 garlic cloves
pepper and salt
 Combine everything in a stock pot. If you have an awkward spoon with a hole in it, make sure to use it. Worthless spoon.

Cook everything until soft. See? Like this:

delicious mush
 To serve, add 1/2 cup coconut milk into reheated sauce and serve over rice. Ho-LEE-Crap....this was so very very very good. Who knew unripe tomatoes could be so versatile??



No comments: