September 29, 2012

October Goals and Menu Plan


Ah, fall. My favorite time of year. I didn't take that picture by the way, I'm not that skilled. But we have tree's like that here in Small Town, VA....and I think they are gorgeous.
Anyways, October is upon us so I thought I would try my hand at the once a month menu planning this month, and also lay out some goals.

October Goals:
Freeze 4 more quart bags of pumpkin
Can several jars of apple sauce (my plan for later today)
Freeze several quarts of green tomato curry sauce (recipe to come)
Reorganize my spice cabinet
Pull out the rest of the garden and plan a cover crop/possibly some cabbage.
Make homemade lip balm and body lotion
Bottle homemade vanilla extract

And here is my menu plan for October:
Breakfasts:
Pumpkin scones
Apple cinnamon scones
Baked oatmeal
Breakfast burritos
Smoothies

Lunches:
Sandwiches of all sorts
Bean and cheese burritos
Chicken salads
Mac and cheese
Noodle stir fry

Dinners:
Spicy Cabbage Soup
Spaghetti
Green chile stew
Roast chicken
Tomale Casserole
Vegetable Barley Soup
Chili
Butternut Squash stuffed shells with sage sauce
Quesadillas
Taco pasta salad
Pork Chops with apples and baked potatoes
BBQ chicken with veggies
Cabbage burger casserole
Hawaiian meatballs with rice
Southwest salad

No comments: