I love this biscotti recipe. Its not to crunchy, and just the perfect amount of sweetness. Great for the holidays, and great for office parties.
You will need:
• 1/4 cup light olive oil, vegetable oil, or melted butter
• 3/4 cup white sugar
• 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
• 1/4 cup crushed walnuts
• 2 eggs
• 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
• 1/4 teaspoon salt
• 1 teaspoon baking powder
• 1/2 cup dried cranberries
• 1 cup white chocolate chips
1. Preheat the oven to 300 degrees
2. In a large bowl, mix together oil and sugar until well blended. Mix in the vanilla then beat in the eggs. Combine flour, salt, and baking powder; gradually stir into egg mixture. Mix in cranberries, chocolate and nuts by hand.
3. Divide dough in half. Form two logs (12x2 inches) on a cookie sheet that has been lined with parchment paper. Dough may be sticky; wet hands with cool water to handle dough more easily.
4. Bake for 35 minutes in the preheated oven, or until logs are light brown. Remove from oven, and set aside to cool for 10 minutes. Reduce oven heat to 275 degrees.
5. Cut logs on diagonal into 1 inch thick slices. Lay on sides on parchment covered cookie sheet. Bake approximately 8 to 10 minutes, or until dry; cool.
Enjoy dipped in your morning coffee. Store in an air tight container for up to one week, or in the freezer for up to three weeks.