February 16, 2013

Granola Bars

How many times will I remake this recipe? Let me count....5? I'm pretty sure I have made 5 different versions of this. This time I think I finally have a good combination of ingredients. This makes a chewy, crunchy bar that is fantastic for breakfast for a mid-afternoon pick me up.

You will need:
2 cups of rolled oats (AKA old fashioned oats)
1 cup shredded coconut
1/2 cup whole almonds, chopped
1/2 cup honey
3 TBS butter
1/3 cup brown sugar
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup chopped dried apricots
3/4 cup cranberries

Chop almonds to your liking.

Combine oats, coconut and almonds on a baking sheet. Toast on 300 degrees for 10 minutes.

In a small sauce pan, melt the butter, sugar, honey and salt.

Meanwhile, chop apricots and measure cranberries.

Mix all ingredients together in a bowl, spread into a baking dish sprayed with cooking spray. Bake @ 300 for 30 minutes.

Cool for about 2 hours, remove from the pan and cut into two inch squares.  Eat and enjoy :)







No comments: