November 11, 2012

Walnut Pear Oatmeal

I've been doing well on my quest to eat a little healthier. Well....kind of. I mean, I'm not eating as much junk, anyways.

Remember a while back when I made those individual oatmeal packets? I keep them at my office and eat them for breakfast. I find I am satisfied a lot longer when I eat something healthy but filling like oatmeal. Anyways, this morning I woke up wanting oatmeal again but not the same stuff I'd been eating all week. So, I made quick oats how I normally do (you can make them in the microwave, I made ours on the stove since we don't have one). Then, after it thickens, I mixed in 1/4 cup of pear sauce and one TBS of crushed walnuts. It was really heavenly.

**At My Life in Snacks we understand that not everyone is a complete weirdo and has pear sauce laying around.  So, if you want to try this, try it with applesauce (and maybe just a dash of cinnamon) or just cut up a really ripe pear and stir it in. The perfect fall breakfast!

No comments: